Attached is the powerpoint shared during the 9.30.14 sessions of Coffee & Tea via Lync. Please contact the Elementary Education office with any questions.
The following information was shared by Christine Ermold during the 9.24.14 administrator meeting. Please contact the office of Elementary Education with questions.
- A copy of the PLC Collaboration Continuum was provided to all administrators. After careful reflection on the evidence available at each site, administrators are asked to indicate where their school is practicing (overall) on each segment of the continuum and submit the information to Christine Ermold by 10/10/14. Electronic copies of the continuum are available in the district’s ‘S’ drive < Collaboration Resources < Learning by Doing < PLC_Continuum.
- Any goals or strategies assigned by site principals in On Strategy to the responsibility of the PD Department will be deleted. To schedule support from the PD Department, principals or their PD Site Liaison should contact their site’s coach or Michelle Thomason.
- An email will be coming requesting copies of all secondary course syllabi so that research regarding current grading practices in the district can be conducted. Results of the analysis will be shared with administrators once available.
- Coffee/Tea via Lync will be offered on 9/30/14 at 7:15 and 3:45.
- Saturday School Support is available for teachers to receive whatever support they need on a drop-in basis between 9:00 a.m. and noon on Oct. 4, Nov. 1, and Dec. 6 in all three regional PD rooms.
This information was shared with Principals at the Sept. 24, 2014 Administrator Meeting:
- As of September 23rd the District Distance Learning Program has a total of 914 Semester class enrolments. This is our highest ever and if second semester enrollments follow the same trend we are on track to our highest enrollment year ever.
- The Blended Learning Initiative Cohort for Year one of the grant has been selected. We have a total of fifteen (15) teachers who are involved representing upper elementary, middle school, and high school levels from across multiple content areas. Two of the teachers are from our partner districts (Cordova and Bristol Bay).
- Schools with 5th and 10th Graders in attendance will all be administering the Gallop Student Poll/survey as a means of establishing benchmark data for our KPBSD Key Performance Indicators on Emotional Well Being. Tiffany Eck the Secondary Education Administrative Assistant is working with coordinators of the Gallop poll from each school. Questions contact Tiffany.
- CTE Department announcement: Dan Bohrnsen our district’s CTE/WDC Coordinator is retiring at end of the 2014-2015 school year. We will be working on a transition plan very soon.
- High Schools should be focusing on working with Juniors to make a decision on which College, Career Ready Assessment they will take and have the State of Alaska Pay for. Choices are the WorKeys, ACT, or SAT. This decision needs to be made by October 15th and returned to Julie Williams in the Assessment Department. Remember this is a graduation requirement replacing the HSGQE.