This information was shared with Principals at the Sept. 24, 2014 Administrator Meeting:
- As of September 23rd the District Distance Learning Program has a total of 914 Semester class enrolments. This is our highest ever and if second semester enrollments follow the same trend we are on track to our highest enrollment year ever.
- The Blended Learning Initiative Cohort for Year one of the grant has been selected. We have a total of fifteen (15) teachers who are involved representing upper elementary, middle school, and high school levels from across multiple content areas. Two of the teachers are from our partner districts (Cordova and Bristol Bay).
- Schools with 5th and 10th Graders in attendance will all be administering the Gallop Student Poll/survey as a means of establishing benchmark data for our KPBSD Key Performance Indicators on Emotional Well Being. Tiffany Eck the Secondary Education Administrative Assistant is working with coordinators of the Gallop poll from each school. Questions contact Tiffany.
- CTE Department announcement: Dan Bohrnsen our district’s CTE/WDC Coordinator is retiring at end of the 2014-2015 school year. We will be working on a transition plan very soon.
- High Schools should be focusing on working with Juniors to make a decision on which College, Career Ready Assessment they will take and have the State of Alaska Pay for. Choices are the WorKeys, ACT, or SAT. This decision needs to be made by October 15th and returned to Julie Williams in the Assessment Department. Remember this is a graduation requirement replacing the HSGQE.