SIP training presentation
Presentation on Effective Instruction system at July 31, 2014 KPBSD administrator meeting.
Effective Leadership training presentation
Here is the inforgraphic and the powerpoints that were presented at the 4-30-14 Admin. meeting:
Attached is the powerpoint used during the K-12 ad Elementary job-alike session. Please contact the office of Elementary Education for more information, if needed.
Please click on the hyperlinks below to see the two new useful documents for your I-team to utilize as they determine interventions for students in all grades for reading and math.
The Reading Error Analysis Intervention Guide will help your I-team narrow/define the student deficit and lists specific choices to target the deficit that are available in our district for providing intervention. Please see the Reading Intervention Description Matrix (on the intervention webpage) for a more detailed description of the programs and links to the what works clearinghouse effectiveness reports. Not all schools will have every resource listed. This is a list containing suggestions that you may have access to in your building and provides direct instruction strategies as well.
The K-12 Math intervention_Core-Tier III document provides a framework to present what intervention can look like at the different grade levels and the different tiers of intervention. This is the first time this has been defined to this detail and has valuable information to help guide math intervention.
The RTI committee has worked hard to ensure that these documents and strategies will be applicable to all grade levels.
Please take a few minutes to look over the new documents. These are great resources to have on hand at each I-team meeting.
These will be posted under the resources heading on the Intervention Webpage.
Intervention Webpage: http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/departments.aspx?id=26796
- Teaching internet safety is required annually as a condition of continuing our E-Rate funding. KPBSD adopted the i-Safe materials to provide teachers with the resources, background, and support information necessary to be able to teach these skills and the related content. Teachers in multigrade sites should choose one grade level of content to focus on each year, and rotate the materials so students end up learning from all grade levels at some point in their school experience.
- Principals must collect the verification forms each year from their teachers.
- The forms are due (for the whole school at once- not to be submitted one class at a time,) annually to IT by May 1st (it is on the deadlines list.)
All the teaching materials and verification forms are available online from the curriculum webpage by selecting “i-Safe,” which is listed under “Health” or by following this link: http://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/departments.aspx?id=22489
The minutes from today’s meeting of the Ed Tech Committee are posted below. Members of the committee are:
- Mick Audette, DW Ed Tech Coordinator
- Amanda Adams, Distance Ed Teacher
- Stephanie Cronin, Seward High School
- Kristi Felchle, K-Beach Elementary School
- Robanne Stading, Nikolaevsk K-12 School
- Beth Swaby, Soldotna High School
- Lisa Rolph, Kenai Middle School
- Karla Barkman, DW Librarian and Ed Tech Coach
- Jason Bickling, Principal at Seward Middle and Moose Pass K-8
20130925_PROCESS_Suggest or contribute a KPBSD storyKPBSD Announcement
Contribute or suggest a KPBSD story
School Start-up for interventionists
August 19th, 1-4 Cook Inlet Aquaculture – New Successmaker 6.0
August 20th All day at Cook Inlet Aquaculture – Interventionist training
The Interventionists will need to sign up for these in Avatar.
Please communicate this to the interventionist in your building. I am still working on getting all of the interventionists names sent to me.